App "pinning" allows you to make one stay on the screen of the AVA Remote until the user un-pins the app.
For example, you can pin an app and hand your AVA Remote to a friend. With the screen pinned, your friend can use only that app. To use your other apps again, you can unpin the screen.
- Go to the System Settings by swiping down from the top once to open the menu, and again to expand the menu
- Tap the gear icon
- Scroll till you see Security
- Tap Security
- Tap Advanced
- Tap App Pinning
- Enable App Pinning On
- Then open the app you wish to pin to the screen
- On the app, swipe up to the middle of the screen and leave the app there
- Tap the apps icon at the top and a drop down menu should appear
- Tap Pin
- You’ll then get a confirmation that the App is pinned
- This keeps the app on the screen until you unpin the app.
To Unpin the App
- Swipe up from the bottom and hold in the center till you see a small message appear below saying App unpinned
You have successfully unpinned the app from the screen.
**Do not use app pinning as a security feature. App pinning helps keep the AVA Remote focused on a single app, but it does not prevent a clever user from unpinning a pinned app and accessing other app and features of the remote.