When you try to use an AVA Kiosk Key on an AVA Remote that has recently been Factory Reset, the remote shows a dialog stating:
Can't set up device
Your device has reset protection turned on. For help, contact your IT admin.
To clear the Android device protection mode state:
- Tap OK to clear the error.
- Tap Start on the blue "Hi there" screen (Android first-time user experience).
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Follow the Android first-time user experience steps until you are prompted for a Google account login. You do not need to log in.
- Use the Kiosk Key again to begin the Kiosk Mode setup.
For additional help on this, contact us on chat (bottom right of screen) or email us email@example.com .
The Android operating system has a special device protection mode to prevent mobile phones from being used by thieves. This mode sometimes gets triggered on an AVA Remote after doing a Factory Reset on the device.